This episode takes a step back from specific gamification solutions to discuss the bigger picture of this hot, but still-emerging trend.
Why are game-inspired tactics becoming popular to engage employees in employees in areas such as collaboration, wellness, and retirement planning? What are examples of complete solutions, small steps, and low-tech approaches? Gamification is just one of many available engagement strategies: how do you know when to use it?
Keas (complete solution)
JP Morgan (small steps)
DTE Energy Expedition (low-tech)
Resources Mentioned in This Episode
- Video: Foldit Co-creator Seth Cooper talks about the power of games to motivate action.
- Blog post by Yu-kai Chou: Top 10 Social Gamification Examples That Will Literally Save the World
- Video: 5 Gamification Levels of Engagement
- Blog post: 7 Tricks for Taming the Email Monster
- Podcast: GC16: Can Gamified Wellness Deliver a Winning ROI? | with Josh Stevens of Keas
- Podcast: GC01: 6 Steps to Effective Gamification | with Kevin Werbach
To stay up on the latest news and trends in employee gamification, join the Game Changer group on LinkedIn.
If you like our show, please rate us on iTunes. That makes a huge difference in helping more people discover it. We love to know your thoughts about this episode. Please submit your comments below! You can also email comments to Jesse at email@example.com, subscribe to him on Facebook, or follow him on Twitter.