In this episode, Jesse talks about how to improve your presentations and public speaking skills, and how that can help you be a leader whom other people think is worth following. Jesse is joined by Kent Julian, who is a speaking coach that delivers speeches to thousands of students, educators, and business professionals all across America each year. Earlier in his career, Kent was a leader within a large national organization, and several years ago he launched Live It Forward, LLC, where he now speaks to people about goal setting, leadership, and career success. Kent also has a Bootcamp twice a year where he trains people who want to become public speakers. Together, Jesse and Kent discuss the following questions:
- For new or up-and-coming leaders, why is effective public speaking required for people to see you as a leader?
- For experienced leaders, why is effective public speaking key for moving your leadership to the next level of impact?
- How do you know if you are an effective speaker … or if you need improvement?
- How does speaking put you in the position of “energy leader”?
- How can you improve your speaking and presenting?
- How do you adapt your presentation content and style to different venues or sizes of groups?
Resources Mentioned in This Episode
- More from Kent Julian:
- Kent’s teleseminar on how to craft a keynote – Please leave a comment below if you are interested, so we can notify you when this link is available.
- For anyone considering adding professional speaking to their career portfolio: Kent’s Speak It Forward Boot Camp outside of Atlanta, Georgia, on May 2-4, 2013 is THE no-holds barred, information-rich jumpstart you need to stop wasting your time and get to the platform fast. To save $50 off the registration, use the code jesse.
- Hire Kent to speak for your organization: www.KentJulian.com
- Recommended Books
- Related podcasts
If you like our show, please rate us on iTunes. That makes a huge difference in helping more people discover it. We love to know your thoughts about this episode. Please submit your comments below! You can also email comments to Jesse at [email protected], subscribe to him on Facebook, or follow him on Twitter.