Stay up to date on employee gamification trends. Here are my faves among recent articles relevant to using game-thinking to engage employees…
- Bunchball product now targeting gamification to engage employees / Nitro Studio: Gamification As A Tool To Boost Employee Productivity
- This company really catches my eye for its simplicity … wristband operated with just two buttons, and 1/3 of the price of popular pedometers such as the Nike+ Sportband. / MOVband Lets You Keep Workplace Fitness Simple
- Good arguments. My response is that designing effective employee gamification requires a partnership between game designers (art + science) and business leaders (strategy). / Kill it With Fire: why Gamification sucks and Game Dynamics rule
- Insight from author and professor Karl Kapp: Gamification uses parts of games but is not a game in-and-of itself. / How is Gamification Different from a Game?
- Nice concepts from ASTD about how gamification can improve training by adding relevance and experiential learning. / Gamification: Adding to the Learning Experience
- This voice from Gen Y says gamification is the key tool for the Gen Y knowledge worker. / Why Gamification Is Important as a Young Professional
- Heart Foundation shows promising results from gamification, after previous engagement efforts failed. / Gaming Your Way to a Healthier Heart
- I like this statement from iActionable’s Ryan Elkins of the goal of employee gamification: helping people focus on what they are doing, understand how the things they do contribute, and see how they progress over time. / Companies use gaming approach to increase productivity
- This article is a bit boring, but it has some nice data about the power of gamification over the long term by one of the earliest apps / Valuable Big Data Insights via Nike+ Gamification Platform
- Global analyst firm Ovum says its recent research shows gamification can be effective if designed well, and recommends that organizations explore gamification for employee-facing uses. / Analyst: Look beyond tech to cultural aspects of gamification.
- Interesting theory on which rewards work best at each of the three major phases of the employee’s “player journey.” / Rewards and Reward Schedules in Gamification
- Fun new gamified approach to health and other goals … making a promise/bet to friends, co-workers, family./ PromiseUP Launches To Gamify Your Promises So That You’ll Keep Them
- Great overview of the 4 employee/player types and how intrinsic/extrinsic motivation can be applied for them. / Gamification: How to create a ‘super user’
- 4 great questions a game designer asks, to ensure your gamifying effort isn’t putting lipstick on a pig (or pitbull). / Why Gamification Misses the Point
- 3 three elements of good implementation of gamification at the workplace. / Interview: QlikView’s Donald Farmer On Gamifying The Workplace
Jesse Lahey, SPHR, is the host of the Engaging Leader podcast, host of the Game Changer podcast series, and managing principal of Aspendale Communications. Connect with him on Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn.