And mirror neurons don’t just involve actions like yawning. They affect thoughts and feelings as well. This is one of the keys that separate a traditional leader from a 21st century engager.
In this episode, Jesse explains and shares examples about the two influence tools of powerful empathy:
- Empathetic perspective: As you prepare for a communication or engagement, see this interaction through the eyes of your audience.
- Empathetic thinking: While in the act of communicating, actively seek to understand their thoughts and feelings and – most importantly – allow yourself to be influenced by their point of view.
With every communication you do, whether something formal or just a casual interaction, you will be more effective if you use these two tools of powerful empathy. Like a yawn, they get the mirror neurons firing, but in a way that will help you influence people to take action.
Resources Mentioned in This Episode
- Blog: 6 Reasons Empathy Will Make You A Powerful Leader
- Video: How to Use Mirror Neurons to Influence People
- Podcast episode 004: Powerful Empathy
If you like our show, please rate us on iTunes. That makes a huge difference in helping more people discover it. We love to know your thoughts about this episode. Please submit your comments below! You can also email comments to Jesse at email@example.com, subscribe to him on Facebook, or follow him on Twitter.